20040818: rtstats reporting from SLU LDMs

>From: "Eric.J.Haug" <address@hidden>

Eric,

>I started up rtstats reporting for nereid and naiad
>both on the eas.slu.edu domain.
>They receive noaaport satellite data.
>Dr. Chuck Graves said that you wanted that info.

We are seeing real-time statistics from nereid but not
from naiad:

Unidata McIDAS HomePate
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/
  Data
  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/data/index.html
    IDD
    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/index.html
      Current Operatioal Status
      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/iddgeneral.html
        Real Time Statistics
        http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/index.html
          Statistics by Host
          http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php

Perhaps there are a firewall or DNS issues on naiad?

>eric haug
>Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
>Saint Louis Univ

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Sat Aug 21 09:32:58 2004

Hi Tom,
re: no real-time stats; perhaps there are a firewall or DNS issues on naiad?

I also just noticed that packets from naiad are not
going through the packet filter.
rtstats is running, at least ps -ef says so.
netstat -a does not show a network connection though.
nslookup on rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu. gives 128.117.149.64
I do not see anything in the ldmd.log
I am not sure whats is not correct.
Will keep poking around till i figure it out.

eric