Re: 20040901: problems with NEXRAD files

Hi John,

The 1km National mosaic "seems" to be a desirable product, especially for
the hydrological folks...

I suspect you have a correct request line in your ldmd.conf to get the
data..if not it would look something like:

request NNEXRAD ".*" [hostname]..are you feeding from aeolus.ucsd.edu?

if so then:

request NNEXRAD ".*"  aeolus.ucsd.edu

Now to get the data onto your system and out of your queue (buffer)..

In ~ldm/etc you will edit your pqact.conf file to include the following:

# png compressed NEXRAD Level III radar products in PNG compressed GINI format
FNEXRAD ^rad/NEXRCOMP/(...)/(...)_(........)_(....)
        FILE    -close data/pub/raw/gini/RADAR/\1/\2/\2_\3_\4

or whatever path to you choose up to: \1/

Please keep in mind that no "spaces" are allowed in pqact.conf only
"tabs"..

Obviously, you can choose a unique path that you may prefer rather than:

data/pub/raw/gini/RADAR/

(That's just where we like it for access to our applications)

....but keep the:

\1/\2/\2_\3_\4

for proper file naming and storage...

As the commented out section indicates, this data is in GINI format:

Please see:

http://weather.unisys.com/wxp/Appendices/Formats/GINI.html

Let me know how this goes...

We may want to load the netCDF libraries and write a script that can
generate these into geo-tiffs on the fly..just a thought.

Cheers,

Jeff