20040907: CONDUIT data stream products

>Hi --
>
>Earlier this year, you helped us (at DRI) set up a Conduit link to
>download GFS model output on a regular basis.  This is going well.
>Thank you.
>
>We are also interested in Eta output.  Is this also available through
>the conduit feed?  How would I know; is there a web site that says what
>the conduit offers?  Also, if it is available, would be willing to
>email some basic instructions on how to get it?

Beth,

The Unidata web pages on "Data" provide links to the CONDUIT data stream
products, such as:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/data/conduit/ldm_idd/index.html

The GFS data is prefixed with MT.avn, while the ETA is prefixed with MT.eta.
The products in CONDUIT originate from the NWS ftp servers, and use the naming
conventions as described:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/datamgmt/filstnd.html

To request subsets of the CONDUIT data stream, use your LDM request pattern
in ldmd.conf. For example, to request the GFS data sets, and the ETA grid 212
data, a pattern would look like "(MT.avn|MT.eta.*#212)".

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support