20040928: Level II Radar Data

>From: Denair Reid <address@hidden>

Hi Denair,

Carl Sinclair said:
>As a university, you can freely get the data.  I will direct you to
>Unidata @ UCAR to assist you in finding the appropriate server to attach
>to get the data you want.  I have cc'd Unidata support in this matter.
>Have a great day!

As Carl noted, the Unidata Program Center is handling the IDD
distribution topology for the NEXRAD Level II data in the Unidata
community.

Can you tell us exactly what data you are looking for: i.g., are you
looking for a feed of Level II data to one of the U Miami machines
running an LDM, or are you looking for archived data?

If you are looking for a LDM/IDD feed for real-time Level II data, then
we will temporarily set you up to feed from the top-level IDD relay
node we administer at the ATM offices of NSF (atm.geo.nsf.gov).  We
will ask you to move to a different upstream host as other relays
come online.

If you are looking for archived Level II data, you should contact the
National Climatic Data Center (NCDC, www.ncdc.noaa.gov) as the are the
national repository of the data.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas