20041014: rtstats web page

Mike,

I looked in the logs, and I see garbage tacked on to the end of your requests
after the first request that comes up fine:
eg output from #1:
130.65.97.142 - - [14/Oct/2004:12:05:55 -0600] "GET
/content/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php?rossby.met.sjsu.edu HTTP/1.1" 200
8287

Then you clicked on the NNEXRAD latency lin to get:
130.65.97.142 - - [14/Oct/2004:12:05:57 -0600] "GET
/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NNEXRAD+rossby.met.sjsu.edu&unidata=e3a2207c1d2f30dcf61d1e0e6ddc7a38
 HTTP/1.1" 200 102

That second request has the string "&unidata=e3a2207c1d2f30dcf61d1e0e6ddc7a38"
added on to the cgi line and I'm assuming that this is the request line that
your
browser is sending. Can you do #1 below, then "View Source" for the page
to find out if that type of string is being added in the "a href" tag.
The first instance probably always works because you typed it in, whereas
the generated links seems to have that cached signature either from your
browse, or coming out of the cgi on this end.
It would help to know if that signature is in the link that you are sending
here.

Can you try just:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NNEXRAD+rossby.met.sjsu.edu

Also, since you upgraded to 6.0.15, you should show in the output from #1
your correct LDM version:
RTSTATS Index by Site

Real-time Statistics for rossby.met.sjsu.edu [ LDM 6.0.15 ]

I'll try to see what the source of that string is from our web experts.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support