20041129: LDM upstream feed site (cont.)

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi again Mark,

foehn.colorado.edu is now allowed for all non-restricted feeds from
rainbow.al.noaa.gov.

Here is the contact information for the LDM/IDD administrator
on rainbow:

Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Please contact Hsie directly if/when you have problems with your
feed request and CC Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

>From address@hidden  Mon Nov 29 23:46:00 2004

> >Hi!  The time has come where I am finally ready to get the LDM up and
> >running at CU.  The new linux box has arrived, is sitting next to my desk,
> >and I am not ready to attack it.
>'Not' ready or 'Now' ready? :-)

Sort of an accurate slip up on my part, at least as far as time goes.

> >I am writing to find out my LDM upstream feed site.
>We will want you to feed off of CU/CIRES (NOAA):
>rainbow.al.noaa.gov

Sounds like a plan.

> >This is not a
> >mission critical data feed.  It will be primarily used to become familiar
> >with LDM and Gempak, isolate special cases for my advisor to use in the
> >classroom or a textbook, and general weather fun.
>
>rainbow.al.noaa.gov is getting almost all of the data in the IDD.
>If you are interested in getting NEXRAD Level II data, we will assign
>a different server for you to feed it from.  Please remember that
>there are some IDD feeds that are only done from originator to final
>destination.  Those feeds include:

Considering we still don't know how we are going to use this data, we have
more than we need right now.  Besides, with your prompt responses, I know
things can get set up and changed with minimal effort in the future.

> >At the training Tom
> >mentioned that we might be a good candidate for your new test server.
>
>I am not sure I remember comments about a new test server, but I do
>remember chatting about starting to get an IDD-Antarctic off of the
>ground.  Could be my old age creeping in again ;-)  Can you refresh
>my memory?  Thanks...

You were telling me that Unidata recently put together a new server, maybe
even a multi-processor, and you were interested in having a few sites to
test it.  The bottom line is it doesn't matter to me.  Just an opportunity
for us to help you out.

Mark