20050110: Model initialization data

>From: Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>

Hi Gabe,

Sorry to have taken so long to reply, but we were at the AMS meeing in
San Diego last week and are just now catching up on the backlog of
support email.

>Here at Ohio State we run our own version of mm5.  We initialize our run
>with the eta and avn initializations, currently via ftp.  We'd like to
>speed up the process in which we receive this data, and the ldm system
>seems like an appropriate way to do so.  I have already been trained in
>ldm and have set up a working version locally.  The trouble I am now
>having is figuring out where to get the proper data.  The files we are
>looking for are named:
>ETA file is fh.00xx_tl.press_gr.awip3d, where xx is from
>00 to 72.
>AVN files are gblav.tyyz.pgrbfxxx, where yy is either 00 or
>12, xxx is from 00 to 120
>
>A search of your email archive suggests that the feedtype would be NMC2 as
>found in
>http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArch
> ives/ldm/msg00502.html&line=122#glimpse
>and similar pages.
>
>However, when I look at your real-time stats page or your data types page,
>NMC2 is not listed.  So, I was wondering from whom I could request this
>data via ldm?

The NMC2 feedtype is the original name for the current CONDUIT IDD datasteam.
Top level relays for CONDUIT are:

- University of Illinois

  IDD contact: David Wojtowicz <address@hidden>

- University of Wisconsin-Madison

  IDD contact: Pete Pokrandt <address@hidden>

- UCAR

  IDD contact: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Please contact either Dave Wojtowicz or Pete Pokrandt and request that
they allow your LDM machine access to the CONDUIT datastream.  You will
need to provide them with the fully qualified hostname of your machine
for them to add the appropriate allow.  If neither David or Pete are
able to help you, please send us a note and we will setup a feed for
you out of UCAR/Unidata.

>Thanks,

No worries.

Cheers,