20050225: IDD top level relay thelma.ucar.edu OUTAGE

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

IDD sites feeding from thelma.ucar.edu:

Today at 6 pm MST (1 UTC, Feb 26) the top level IDD relay node
thelma.ucar.edu is scheduled to be shutdown for 4 hours during
installation of electrical breakers in the NCAR/SCD UPS distribution
system.  We are hopeful that thelma will be returned to relay service
shortly after the power work is finished, but sites should be prepared
for an extended down period 'just in case'.

IDD sites feeding directly off of thelma should failover to the
alternate top level UCAR/Unidata relay node idd.unidata.ucar.edu as
soon as convenient today.  idd.unidata.ucar.edu has been configured to
support all ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf allows currently in place on thelma and
has available all datastreams that thelma relays.

Also note that the power outage will affect the THREDDS server
motherlode.ucar.edu (aka adde.ucar.edu).  We have implemented a backup
for the creation of FNEXRAD floater composite NEXRAD Level III images
here in the UPC, so we are not expecting an interruption in those
products.

We apologize for the short notice...

Tom Yoksas