20050316: IDD site in Taiwan??

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Joseph, Everette" <address@hidden>
To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
        "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>,
        "Joseph, Everette" <address@hidden>,
        "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>,
        "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: IDD site in Taiwan??
Date:   Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:22:19 -0500

Mohan:

Thanks for your quick reply and info.  This is great! We'll talk more about
it here then follow-up with site and Tom and Jeff.  They are strong here
technically so it should not be too much trouble for them.

Thanks again!

ej
Mohan Ramamurthy wrote:

> Hi Everette,
>
> There are no restrictions on participation by National Central University
in Taiwain in the IDD.  We now have several sites in Latin America and I
remember that a university in Hong Kong used to be a participant (I don't
know if they are still active).

> Tom Yoksas (address@hidden) and Jeff Weber
(address@hidden) are the primary contact for the IDD.  One of them
should be able to help NCU in getting set up with a feed.  You can find
information at:

> http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/index.html
>
> Let me know if you any additional information.
>
> Best of luck with your collaborations with NCU, and safe travels,
>
> Mohan
>
> At 08:38 PM 3/16/2005, Joseph, Everette wrote:
>
>> Mohan:
>>
>> Hope all is well.  I'm visiting National Central University in Taiwan
until
>> late April.  We are developing a collaboration with them on regional/meso
>> modeling involving WRF.  In a discussion earlier this week the issue of
>> developing an idd site hear came up.  From a quick look at the unidata
site
>> it wasn't obvious to me the procedure or any restrictions on
participation
>> from international institutions such as NCU.  Could you point us in the
>> right direction or to a person where we could get additional information?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Everette
>>
>> --
>> Everette Joseph