20050518: WMO feed via stokes (cont.)

>From:  Jeff Weber <address@hidden>

Hi Mark,

Just to augment Jeff's note.  On April 29, stokes started receiving
a significantly increased volume of data tagged as WMO.  Please
see:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc1?WMO+stokes.metr.ou.edu+-b%2086400

Stokes is getting this data from magic.ocs.ou.edu.

Is magic.ocs.ou.edu a NOAAPORT ingest box (if yes, whose)?  If yes, it
is labeling data using the WMO feedtype "incorrectly".  I say
incorrectly since stokes is receiving the data and then relaying it to
several downstreams in the IDD:

twister.sbs.ohio-state.edu
bergeron.rnet.missouri.edu
tornado.geos.ulm.edu

Can you help us find out who manages magic.ocs.ou.edu; to verify
that they started inserting 'WMO'-tagged data at the end of April;
that you are requesting it; and that it is leaking out into the IDD?

Thanks in advance...