20050614: GEM data request from waterspout to idd.unidata.ucar.edu

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Neil,

waterspout.cst.cmich.edu is making a request for GEM data from the
Unidata-maintained toplevel IDD relay node, idd.unidata.ucar.edu (also
known as thelma.ucar.edu).  Since GEM data is only available using a
point-to-point feed from the CMC (i.e., we do not relay GEM data), we
are getting lots of log messages in our LDM log file of the form:

Jun 13 20:28:58 uni2 waterspout[4237]: ldm6_server.c:128: Empty wanted/allowed
product-cl
ass intersection for waterspout.cst.cmich.edu: 20050613192858.782 TS_ENDT
{{GEM,  ".*"}}
-> <nil>

You should see corresponding denial messages in the ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log
file on waterspout.

We would greatly appreciate you removing the feed request for GEM data
from your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file and stopping and restarting your
LDM.  While you are at it, if you have request lines in your ldmd.conf
file that refer to thelma.ucar.edu, please change the entries (even if
they are commented out) to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

If you want to receive GEM data, we can send in a request to the CMC to
have waterspout allowed.  Please let us know.

Finally, I was under the vague impression that you were no longer the
LDM contact person at Central Michigan, but our (possibly out of date)
records indicate that you are.  Please advise if we should be sending
LDM questions to someone else  (Leigh Orf?).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas