20051027:Level II radar topolgy

Hi Tim,

From the original topology, the ERC was designated to be feeding:

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
Univ of Alabama-Huntsville (UAH)
Louisiana State University (LSU)

Source:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/level2_topo.html

Currently,

ERAU is feeding from the ERC
UAH is feeding from the ERC
LSU is feeding from the ERC

Now for the other top tier ingest nodes:

Purdue:

Feeding Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Unidata Program Center

OU:

Feeding U of Washington, San Jose State, and Texas A & M

...so it appears as if they all are still delivering the 3 university
feeds that was agreed upon.

This information was derived from the rtstats program and the pages it
generates:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

Then selecting:

"Statistics by Feedtype"...here is where it can be slightly confusing re
the level II feed because some folks are still requesting CRAFT instead of
NEXRAD2 (the latest name set for the level II data)...most everyone is now
using NEXRAD2, but a few languish on with the CRAFT feedtype.

Once in the "Statistics by Feedtype" area, you can select any of the hosts
ingesting that feed, and then see from whom they are feeding by selecting
the "topology" link.

Theoretically, one should be able to take a quick glance at the topo map
for the feed to see how the topo is setup, but for some reason the ERC is
not showing up on the map, I suspect it is a DNS issue...will check on
that.

I hope this enables you to navigate through the "stats" pages a little
more easily, and please feel free to ask me for any information that you
need or desire, or if I can help you make more sense of the stats page.

Cheers,

Jeff