20051102: nexrad2

>From: address@hidden

Hi Rhesa,

>We seem to have stop receiving the nexrad2 data feed.  Do you know if
>there is a problem with the feed, or is it on our end?

I used the Unidata real time stats pages to trace the flow of
NEXRAD2 data to UND:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php

adiabat.rwic.und.edu
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php?adiabat.rwic.und.edu

  NEXRAD2 topology

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/iddstats_topo_nc?NEXRAD2+adiabat.rwic.und.edu

to find that you feed from whirlwind.aos.wisc.edu

I used the same pages for whirlwind to see that it feeds from
wisc.weather.purdue.edu.  Unfortunately the last site does not provide
stats.  We do know, however, that the top level relay at Purdue
for NEXRAD2 data is castor.itap.purdue.edu which is sending in stats:

castor.itap.purdue.edu
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php?castor.itap.purdue.edu

A quick look at the latency, volume, or products plots for castor show
that it stopped sending NEXRAD2 data near 0Z last night.

We received a note from another toplevel NEXRAD2 relay indicating a
problem getting data from the Western Region: