Re: 20051208: LDM on ensemble.ecmwf.int (cont.)

Hi,

and that for now we are just testing to see
if the data can be transferred quickly enough between sites.

Yes.  This is the first step.  One word of advice.  We may find that we
need to split the data requests into several, disjoint ones.  This
technique helps mitigate the backoff feature of the current
implementations of TCP.  If/when TCP gets updated with fast TCP, this
feed splitting should no longer be necessary.

I'd like to know more about how to split data requests and fast TCP.
How can I split ? With several queues ? When do you plan to
introduce fast TCP ? How do you propose we can achieve the data
transfers planned for TIGGE ?

Dec 08 05:24:22 ldm thelma[8869]: assertion "n > 0" failed: file "pq.c", line
2187

was somehow related to the time (!?).  If this hunch is true, it seems
to me that one should be able to restart the LDM without deleting and
remaking the queue.  Anyone who sees this problem listed in their LDM
log file: please report the failure to Unidata User Support
<address@hidden>.  Thanks!

I've looked in my logs and don't see such failure. I'm using 6.4.3 on
teaccess and 6.4.4 on ensemble.

Cheers,
Manuel