Re: 20060119:LDM Stats

Jean,

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Jean Timmerman wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> We are receiving data and the hostname is wx.mts.sdapcd.org.  I issued the
> commands that you sent but ldm didn't restart.

That is odd, what command did you execute, and what did the LDM do?

It is imperative that the LDM stop and start to initiate the changes in
ldmd.conf

 so I restarted the system.  I
> thought I saw a ldm start message as the sytem came up but it went by very
> fast.

If the LDM restarts at boot, it should get the new ldmd.conf

I assume you are still feeding from SJSU, we can query stats from feed
host as well.

> The only commend I uncommented was the exec "rtstats -h rtstats and so on.

Yes, from the file you sent me, that is all that is needed.

> I assumed that the other commands were not needed?  should I have added the
> /opt/ldm/etc and other commands also because I did not see them in the file?

negative, the only exec line stats needs is:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

We'll keep watching, keep us posted...

Cheers,

Jeff Weber
Unidata Support