20060306: Fw: Fw: cambios en el firewall de Atmósfera

>From:  "Maria Gassmann" <address@hidden>

Hi Marisa and Claudia,

>I asked the administrators if  they have changed anything in our
>firewall and the answer was no.

Interesting.

>Tom:
>Should we check any part of the operative system of the Unidata machine
>here? What can we do? We will  wait here for your suggestions.

Immediately after seeing your email, I tried to SSH to unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar
and was successful this time!

I am always suspicious and amused when the series of events that you
saw happens:

- unable to access a machine using SSH, ldmping, etc.

- ask network administrators if a firewall change has been implemented
  that would affect SSH and LDM access and get NO for an answer

- SSH and LDM access are mysteriously available again

Oh well, all is well that ends well :-)

Once I was on unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar, I did some cleanup which is
needed after an LDM exits improperly and then restarted the LDM.

<as 'ldm' on unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin clean
ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue -f
ldmadmin start

Data is again flowing to your IDD machine and is apparently being
processed by GEMPAK and McIDAS decoders.

>Thanks.

No worries.

>----- Original Message -----=20

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*