[IDD #NCM-306138]: ldm can't connect to aeolus.ucsd.edu

Hi James,

re:
> Recently our LDM could no longer connect to aeolus.ucsd.edu. The ldm
> logs contained the following:
>
> Apr 11 21:23:42 sundog aeolus[13467] ERROR: Terminating due to LDM
> failure; Couldn't connect to LDM on aeolus.ucsd.edu using either port
> 388 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection timed out
>
> I got a connection timed out statement when I tried "rpcinfo -p
> aeolus.ucsd.edu". So, I'm guessing it may be on your end. If anyone at
> Unidata thinks otherwise, please respond.
>
> Since sundog.atmos.ucla.edu is able to received data from my failover
> site (sunny89.atmos.washington.edu), this isn't a urgent matter.
> However, you are my primary feed. So, I figure I shouldn't stay with
> Washington longer than necessary.

I logged onto Larry's machine (aeolus.ucsd.edu) and found that the LDM
had stopped.  I restarted the LDM and it appears to be running smoothly
once again.

Larry,

I downloaded the latest LDM release, ldm-6.4.5, and built and installed it
on aeolus.  In order to cut over to the new build, you will need to
do the following as 'ldm' (or give me the go ahead to do it for you):

<as 'ldm'>
cd /home/ldm
ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin delqueue
rm runtime
ln -s ldm-6.4.5 runtime
ldmadmin mkqueue -f
ldmadmin start

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Ticket ID: NCM-306138
Department: Support IDD