[IDD #NCM-306138]: ldm can't connect to aeolus.ucsd.edu

Hi Larry,

UCLA was having problems feeding from aeolus yesterday.  James Murakami
tried to send you an email, but he apparently had the wrong address for
you.  Since James CCed Unidata support, I saw the note and took the
liberty of logging onto aeolus where I found that the LDM had exited
for an unknown reason.  I restarted the LDM to get data flowing again
and then decided to install the latest release.  Here is what I tried
to send you yesterday, but since I was using the email address that James
had used, it bounced:

> I downloaded the latest LDM release, ldm-6.4.5, and built and installed it
> on aeolus.  In order to cut over to the new build, you will need to
> do the following as 'ldm' (or give me the go ahead to do it for you):
>
> <as 'ldm'>
> cd /home/ldm
> ldmadmin stop
> ldmadmin delqueue
> rm runtime
> ln -s ldm-6.4.5 runtime
> ldmadmin mkqueue -f
> ldmadmin start
>
> Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Ticket ID: NCM-306138
Department: Support IDD