[TIGGE #CUA-629523]: Re: dataportal not receiving data from tigge-ldm.ecmwf.int

David,

> I don't know anyone to contact after hours at ECMWF.

Hmm...  Well, Manuel and Raoult were CC'ed on all the correspondence -- so
they'll learn about the problem as soon as possible.

There are many reasons why a host can suddenly become unavailable.  In your
case, I suspect that the network was changed, somehow, because Dataportal's LDM
used to receive data-products from Tigge-ldm's LDM.  I suspect that someone or
something closed the network to LDM traffic by (for example) manually closing
port 388 or automatically distributing a set of firewall rules that don't allow
traffic on port 388.

It might be a good idea to set up a mechanism for communicating these kinds of
non-LDM problems during off hours -- if that's possible.

Please keep us apprised and if there's anything we can do, don't hesitate to
contact us.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CUA-629523