[Support #KOQ-745915]: Additional data

Hi Marcus,

First, let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

re:
> we already get data from the LDM via CONDUIT.
>
> Question 1: Should we use another server for getting observation data (WMO)?
> the current entry in the ldmd.conf:
>
> REQUEST CONDUIT "ST.opt/MT.gfs" idd.undata.ucar.edu

You can request other datastreams from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  I am not sure
if someone else at Unidata asked you this before, but have you done a traceroute
from your machine to idd.cise-nsf.gov?  If the path from you to this machine
travels on Internet2 in the US, you can feed both CONDUIT and WMO from this
machine.

> Question 2: We need data from different European countries. How should look
> the entry in the pqact.conf ?

First, 'WMO' is a compound feed type.  It represents the combination of
IDS|DDPLUS (global observational data) and HDS (US NCEP model output). Since
you say that you need data from different European countries, I would guess
that you would want to have a ldmd.conf 'request' line for the IDS|DDPLUS
datastream:

REQUEST IDS|DDPLUS ".*" idd.undata.ucar.edu

As to what you put in your pqact.conf file to process the data, this will
depend on what you want to do with the data.  Are you using any of the
analysis/display packages we provide?  For instance, if you are using
GEMPAK, you can run a GEMPAK script that will create pqact.conf files
of entries to use to process data in the manner that it can use.  The same
comment is true of McIDAS.  If you are not using any of the analysis/display
applications that we provide, your pqact.conf actions will need to be tailored
to what you want to accomplish.

> With best regards
>
> Markus Ristic

Ticket ID: KOQ-745915