[IDD #WBK-132239]: Unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu future down time

Jerry,

A day or two notice would be fine.  I'd like to update patches and
possibly send you a console server box for unidata2.  I note that
someone is always logged into the console -- is that capability
something you'd want to continue to have?

mike

> Hi Tom, and Mike.
>
> As you may know, we are doing some remodeling in the SSEC Data Center
> Computer room. At some point in the next few weeks we will need to take
> unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu down and move its raids, rerun cables, and
> switch power sources.  This will result in an outage for up to 2 hours
> (probably much less, but you know how things go when you leave the
> window too small.)
>
> The down time is dependent upon the completion of other tasks scheduled
> to be done in the next couple of weeks, so I can't give a definite date
> yet.  How much lead time will you guys need before the outage? 1 day? 3
> days? more? less?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry
>

> --
> Jerrold Robaidek                       Email:  address@hidden
> SSEC Data Center                       Phone: (608) 262-6025
> University of Wisconsin                Fax: (608) 263-6738
> Madison, Wisconsin

Ticket ID: WBK-132239
Department: Support IDD