[LDM #FHX-115204]: number of requests from RAL

Hi Paul,

re:
> We have gotten several requests from individual projects at RAL, who
> are wondering if they can connect directly to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  They
> have the option to request via our RAL LDM servers, but for one reason
> or another would rather connect to idd.

Interesting.  Do you have an idea of which datastreams they want to access?

> Before telling them that they had to connect to us, and not connect directly
> to you, we thought we should get your opinion on this.  Would you prefer
> if RAL only had one machine feeding from idd, and feed everyone else in
> RAL from that machine?

We would prefer that the data be relayed by RAL to RAL users, but if there is
a good reason to feed directly from idd.unidata.ucar.edu, we will not object.

> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: FHX-115204
Department: Support LDM