[IDD #ZXB-867980]: nldn request and backup feed

Hi Brian,

re:
> I would like to request a nldn feed for our new ldm server
> (lightning.msrc.sunysb.edu),

The NLDN lightning data is distributed by point-to-point LDM feeds.  Given
this your request should be sent to:

Dr David Knight
address@hidden
address@hidden

> as well as a backup ldm feed from Albany
> (gusher.atmos.albany.edu) for everything but *NEXRAD,

Include this request in your email to David.

> and Penn State
> (ldm.meteo.psu.edu) for FNEXRAD and NNEXRAD. lightning's primary feed now
> for everthing is idd.cise-nsf.gov, and unidata should be receiving stats
> from lightning now.

The IDD site contact at Penn State (ldm.meteo.psu.edu) is:

Art Person
address@hidden

IDD site contacts can be found in our site contact page:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  IDD
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd

    Current Operational Status
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/iddgeneral.html

      IDD site contact list
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/sitelist.html

> The above requests from our original ldm server (thunder.msrc.sunysb.edu)
> will be turned off in a week or two. With the above setup, lightning will
> have the nearly same feed capabilities as thunder (will need CMC and
> NOGAPS permissions setup eventually).

Both the GEM (CMC) and NOGAPS (FNMOC) feeds are done as point-to-point LDM
transfers from injection sites.  The site contact list page referenced above
should have the contact information you need.

Ticket ID: ZXB-867980
Department: Support IDD