[LDM #WRD-983197]: update unidata - from University of Buenos Aires

Hi Gustavo,

re:
> Im working with Unidatas software (Gempak and so on) at Buenos Aires
> University. Marisa Gassmann gave my your email.

OK.

In the future, please send emails like this to Unidata User Support
so they will automatically go into our inquiry tracking system.  The
email address you need to send a message to is dependent on the subject
area of the question/comments you have.  Here are the email addresses
that you are most likely to use:

LDM           - address@hidden
GEMPAK        - address@hidden
McIDAS        - address@hidden
data delivery - address@hidden
data content  - address@hidden

The list of topics we provide support on can be found in the following
web page:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  Support
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support
    Topic-Specific Support Email Addresses
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/topics.jsp

If your question(s) do not fit into the categories listed in the
Topic-Specific Email Addresses, or if you do not know which topic
your question(s) fit into, you can always send your email to our
generic User Support address:

address@hidden

Thanks in advance for sending questions to our topic-specific
support email address(es)!

> It seems there is a problem since the data is not updated. From
> yesterday (23.08) 9 UTC there is no more new data. The WS works all
> right.

It looks like your machine may have been rebooted yesterday.

> Could you please tell me what we can do? For instance if there is a
> command or script to run in order to solve this problem.

Immediately after seeing your email this morning, I did the following
to get the LDM/IDD data transfers working again:

<as the user 'ldm' on unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin clean
ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue -f
ldmadmin start

I see that the data has been flowing to your machine since restarting
the LDM using the proceedure above.

I also see, however, that there appears to be a problem with the clock
on unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar.  The latency plot for global observation
data:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?IDS|DDPLUS+unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar

shows that there is a consistent offset in your system clock, and it
appears that the offset changed at about 9 UTC yesterday.  (The change
in the offset coupled with the amount of time that the machine has been
up tells me that unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar was rebooted yesterday at about 9 UTC.)

Some time ago I configured your machine to start the LDM automatically on
reboot.  Evidently there is something wrong in the procedure that I implemented.
I will take a look at the automatic startup script:

/etc/init.d/ldmd

to see what might be failing.

> Thank you in advance.

No worries.

> Best regards,

Nice to "meet" you. Please give my regards to Marisa and Claudia!

Ticket ID: WRD-983197
Department: Support LDM