Re: ldm issues

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Frank Colby wrote:

Our power went out this morning -- widespread outage -- and since power was restored, I am unable to connect to either of you. Can you tell me if you are seeing any data requests from us? I have the feeling that our university firewall reverted to some default setting and is preventing our connection.

Frank,

Our power went out as well yesterday morning around 9:30 (probably related to the lake effect snow storm here), and for some reason the UPS was unable to keep the our server up and so the product queue was corrupted. Unfortunately, I was not in the office yesterday so I was unable to take corrective action then. Our ldm is now running (as of 1711Z), but we have not seen any connection attempts from your site as of yet. The Rutgers server is not responding to pings or ldmpings from our site, so I don't know what has happened to them. (I don't see Rutgers listed on the Unidata IDD Real Time Statistics page, so it's likely they have been down for quite some time--check your ldmd logs.) So your lack of feeds yesterday seems unlikely to be caused by a change in your firewall settings (although it is possible). I'm sorry for the interruption in service; these things always seem to happen when I take a day off.

Tom McDermott                           305 Lennon Hall
Systems Administrator                   Email: address@hidden
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Phone: (585) 395-5718
SUNY College at Brockport               Fax: (585) 395-2416

Thanks,

Frank