[TIGGE #OHX-952032]: LDM connection timeout

Sebastien,

> the 10000 connections are a result of a combination of two different
> factors:
> - ldm recreating connection at a rate of 20 per minute
> - TCP timeout on the firewall set to 12h (constraint set by other
> applications)
>
> as the remote site sent no tcp reset or any indication on the state of
> the connection it stayed open at firewall level, therefore 60*12*20 =
> 14400 connections after 12hours

I'm surprised that no TCP RST is being received because one should be
sent by the downstream LDM process when it destroys its end of the
connection-attempt.

> We will discuss internaly and see if we want to try this.
> Thanks for the efforts.

OK.  Please let me know what you decide.  And If I can help in any
way, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: OHX-952032