[IDD #VJN-743814]: GEMPAK

Hi Massoud,

re:
> If I were to intall McIDAS-X from Unidata on my Linux
> machine, do you think that might help me dump/list
> satellite data in ASCII or will I have to resort to a
> different McIDAS-X software, which is only available at
> SSEC?

Our license to distribute McIDAS does not cover sites like yours, NASA/AMES.
The only way that you could get McIDAS, is by your site joining the McIDAS
Users Group (MUG).  After you are a member in good standing in the MUG,
you would be allowed access to our distribution of McIDAS because our license
allows us to provide our distribution to current MUG members.

So, one way or another, you (NASA/AMES) will have to join the MUG to get
McIDAS.

Ticket ID: VJN-743814
Department: Support IDD