[IDD #VJN-743814]: GEMPAK

> I'm interested it in figuring out some way to combine both
> GOES West and East into one image of the continental U.S.,
> such as the IR composite image online (see link below).
> Any suggestions on how I can get started?
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/images/gemweb.gif
>
> Furthermore, I couldn't quite find a pattern/action
> example on pqact.conf for ingesting the NIMAGE datastream,
> which has 15-minute CONUS sectors in it. Any suggestions?

Massoud,

The GEMPAK distribution $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_images
has a global catch all NIMAGE entry at the very bottom. This
action is what I use to store each product from the NIMAGE feed
(the SUPER-NATIONAL product is used as the satellite image in the
GEMPAK web link you reference above). If you wanted to restrict a
feed request for NIMAGE to just these composites, you could
use the pattern "SUPER-NATIONAL" instead of ".*" in your
ldmd.conf request line.

I run GPMAP from a script to display current watches, warnings, and
the IR satellite image to produce the GIF output image.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Thanks for your time.
>
> Massoud Fazal