[Datastream #BAP-247084]: Question...

Hi Jeff,

re:
> I was hoping you could help me...
>
> I am looking to purchase a Level 2 Nexrad data stream. Do you sell just
> the radar? I do not need a display system.

Unidata does not sell access to data (in fact, we don't sell anything).  We
are funded by the National Science Foundation to develop, distribute, and
support
software for the university community.  All of the software we develop is
available free-of-charge as is our support for said software.

If you are looking to purchase access to the NEXRAD Level II data, you should
contact the sites that were chosen by NOAA/NWS to act as the toplevel
redistributors
of the data (in no particular order):

University of Oklahoma/IRaDS
www.irads.net

Purdue University
http://roskilde.eas.purdue.edu/~level2/

Education and Research Consortium of the Western Carolinas (ERC)
www.ercbroadband.org/denterpage.php?pagename=wsr-88d

An excellent writeup on the originations of the NEXRAD Level II effort can be
found in
kelvin.ou.edu/CRAFT_Paper.pdf.  This paper was just published in the Bulletin
of the
American Meteorological Society (BAMS).

> Thanks,

No worries.