[IDD #AOD-266973]: IDD feed Question

Hi Jason,

re:
> To get a upstream from a source to use LDM does one need to part of a
> college or university or are private users allowed to use LDM.

The LDM software can be used by anyone since it is freely available from
us.  I think you are really asking if a private user can participate in
the Internet Data Distribution (IDD) system.

There are some private users participating in the IDD.  Those users get
their non-restricted feeds (i.e., feeds other than NLDN, WSI, PCWS, GEM, and
NOGAPS) from Unidata universities that are willing to have part of their
bandwidth used to feed data to non-university site(s).  The universities may
well require a quid-pro-quo arrangement with the non-university sites that they
agree to feed.  Exactly what arrangement the university and the private end user
agree to is solely up to them; we (Unidata Program Center) do not participate
in the negotiations other than to remind both parties that restricted feeds
are not to be relayed to others.

> Thanks

I hope that this helped...

Ticket ID: AOD-266973