[IDD #XKT-838805]: awips for the atmos lab

Hi Darren,

This is just a quick follow-up to the email Deb Molinar CCed to me about your
wanting access to data available to AWIPS forecast office sites.

Do you want to setup an LDM to ingest that data in your shop?  If not, we
will close the User Support inquiry I opened on your behalf.

> Deb Molinar wrote:
>
> I talked to Mark and checked with our NWS contacts;  we unfortunately
> can't release the AWIPS software or the data because it is proprietary.
> However, most of the data, with the exception of a few special products
> like ECMWF hires, are available from the Unidata LDM feed (makes no sense,
> huh?).  And you could get NAWIPS to display it, which is what they
> are currently using in the National Centers.
>
> Unidata also has free training seminars on how to use everything.  Check out
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu and maybe talk to:
>
> Tom Yoksas <address@hidden> to
>
> see if that would work for you.   If so, I'd be happy to help get
> things set up as my time allows.

Ticket ID: XKT-838805
Department: Support IDD