[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff.

First, I apologize for the slow response!

> Any word on how your version of our feed is going?

Mike had a breakthrough on the build of GEMPAK 5.11.4 (found a nagging problem
that was preventing the model data chooser from working correctly/consistently).
The 5.11.4 decoders have been working nicely for a couple of weeks.  We should
now be close to being able to test Garp access to the data being processed by
those decoders.  Just so you know, our test platforms are 32-bit Fedora 9 and
32-bit and 64-bit Fedora 10.  CentOS 5 should be essentially Fedora Core 6.

> Also, is there an "easy" way to save the datafeed info out to a grib or
> NetCDF file?

Yes.  Saving the model data in native GRIB format is very easy.  Decoding into
netCDF is also very easy using the netcdf-decoders package.

> We're starting to mess around with IDV, and I'd like to try saving out model,
> surface, and upperair data in a format that IDV will accept.  It will open the
> model .gem files, but not the surface or upperair ones.

Installation of THREDDS and/or RAMADDA would be a great thing for you to
consider.
Information on THREDDS is available on our web site.

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support IDD