[IDD #IJB-717945]: Questions about bufr format GPS data

Hi Elmer,

re:
> Which brings back the original question ... what is causing the files to
> be inserted 8 hours after they were made?

We have no idea why the products would be broadcast in NOAAPort that late.
One of my replies showed that once the product is received by a NOAAPort
ingester, it is relayed to you in less than 2 seconds.  This is the only
portion of the distribution that we can control.

Now that we know that the latency is not caused by anything on our end,
we can get back to your original question:

> Is there anyone I can contact that can answer questions about bufr
> format GPS data latency?

I would send a note to Julie Hayes of NOAA:

"Julie.Hayes" <address@hidden>

She may be able to direct you to the appropriate person for comment.

Ticket ID: IJB-717945
Department: Support IDD