[IDD #WFA-619667]: Request for CONDUIT feed

Hi Martha,

re:
> We are still not collecting the CONDUIT data.  We realized looking at
> this older email message that we never furnished you with the server
> name on our side, which is noaapxcd.it-protect.com, IP address
> 208.24.128.7.  Am I correct in inferring from your email that on your
> end someone has to grant permission for our site to collect CONDUIT?

Yes, but I already did what I think is necessary.  Your and Randy's comments
that you are able to do a 'notifyme' to idd.cise-nsf.gov tells me that you
should be able to request CONDUIT data from it (the access control mechanism
is the same for a 'notifyme' as it is for a ~ldm/ldmd.conf 'request').

In order to test this, try requesting all of CONDUIT data from idd.cise-nsf.gov
and see what happens:

request    CONDUIT   ".*"   idd.cise.nsf.gov

CONDUIT data is flowing frequently enough that it shouldn't take long to
determine
if you are receiving any:

<as 'ldm'>
-- edit ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf and change the CONDUIT request to everything
ldmadmin restart
ldmadmin watch -f CONDUIT
  -- OR --
notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT

> Our network people are still working the issue re the reverse and
> forward DNS for noaapxcd at  your end.  That well may be part of the
> problems we are having.

Again, if 'notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -h idd.cise-nsf.gov' works, then
so too should the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf 'request' for CONDUIT data.

Ticket ID: WFA-619667
Department: Support IDD