[IDD #WFA-619667]: Request for CONDUIT feed

Hi Randy,

re:
> We have made some changes on our end.
>
> Can you allow access from  208.24.128.95 instead of 208.24.128.7.  The
> machine name will still be noaapxcd.it-protect.com. We have been
> switched through a 12Mb link instead of the 3Mb we have been using. In
> addition the latencies should be much smaller. John has also disabled
> the proxy setting (which looks for malicious things etc) on the firewall
> and instead replaced with a filter which will allow the data through.

This sounds great!

> We were going to hook up to I2, then realized that they don't have DNS
> lookup capability YET setup. This will take sometime. They are also
> checking to see if there is any funny business w/n our network nodes
> which would explain the behavior we are seeing.

We can compensate for the lack of forward and reverse DNS by adding an
entry in our /etc/hosts table for your machine.  This is a temporary,
not permanent solution, however.

> If you are able to make the change to the IP can you logon to noaapxcd
> and see if it works?

I can and will, but...  I logged on to noaapxcd and tried running
notifyme to both idd.cise-nsf.gov and idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Neither
worked because neither notifyme was able to contact the LDM on
idd.cise-nsf.gov or idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  I can do a traceroute to
idd.unidata.ucar.edu, but not idd.cise-nsf.gov.  So, it looks like
there is some configuration work still needed for the new Internet
connection for noaapxcd.

Ticket ID: WFA-619667
Department: Support IDD