[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

re:
> I've received the OK from everyone on this end to go ahead and
> nuke Whistler and start over.  Before I do that, do you have a
> recommendation on OS?  Should I use CentOS, or possibly Debian?
> I've worked with both, so it doesn't really matter to me.  I was
> just curious if one or the other works better "out-of-the-box"
> when it comes to LDM/Gempak.

We prefer RedHat Linux or its variants (e.g., RedHat Enterprise, Fedora,
CentOS).  I have experience, however, on a variety of Linuxes including
OpenSUSE.

The biggest pain under Debian is the use of syslog-ng instead of syslogd.
This leads to some problems for logging LDM messages.  This is likely
a bigger issue in the case where one is trying to troubleshoot problems,
so I would strongly encourage you to either use Fedora 9 or 10 or
CentOS.

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support IDD