[IDD #WFA-619667]: Request for CONDUIT feed

Hi Randy and Martha,

re:
> i wasn't sure if you got my 2 emails yesterday but the bottom line
> is that -flush made no difference and the individual files check out
> ok using wgrib2 as well as when i cat them all together.

We received Martha's email and two from you this morning.

> Do you think there is an LDM issue based on these results?

I don't know, but I just described your observations to our LDM
developer, Steve Emmerson, for review/comment/possible action.

I must say that it does not make sense to me that the culprit is the
LDM as the process for FILEing data from a stream into a single,
monolithic output file is to simply hold the file open and append
new products to the end.  It was my hope that adding the '-flush'
option to the FILE action would force the writing of each product
to the disk file before the next product was processed.  My reasoning
there was based on strange behavior that I encountered several
years ago in the process of creating the McIDAS library file, libmcidas.a,
on new, fast Linux systems.  SSEC eventually ran into the same problem
when their hardware and RedHat Linux installation was upgraded.  They
adopted (or re-invented) my workaround that inserted a 1 second pause
in writes of object modules to the output library file so that the
product would actually get written to disk from memory.

Rest assured, we will be investigating this situation vigorously from
the LDM side!

Ticket ID: WFA-619667
Department: Support IDD