[IDD #OQC-798798]: wunderground.com idd machine moving to new IP

Hi Jeff,

Long time no hear!

re:
> Hi guys, the San Francisco-based machine n8.wunderground.com (cnamed to
> idd.wunderground.com) is changing IP numbers this week--not sure if you
> need to know this or not.

If forward and reverse DNS will work for the new IP number, then we did
not need to know.  If, on the other hand, there is not both forward and
reverse DNS for the machine after the IP change, then we did.  Just to
be safe, I updated our configuration settings to (hopefully) take into
account the IP renumbering.

> This machine is getting a CONDUIT feed from
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu and is sending the rtstats to you:
>
> rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu -f WMO|NGRID|NIMAGE|NNEXRAD|CONDUIT
>
> Old IP:
> 64.243.175.121
>
> New IP:
> 38.102.137.121

I have made sure that the new IP address is allowed to request data
from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

> Also, we'd like to be able to pull the CONDUIT feed from our backup
> machine in Michigan, mi-a1.wunderground.com (cnamed to
> idd-mi.wunderground.com) (74.126.7.10). This machine would only feed from
> UNIDATA in the event the San Francisco machine fails.

This should be ready to go now... forward and reverse DNS are available
for this machine.

> Thanks, Jeff

No worries.

I hope that things are going well for you!

Ticket ID: OQC-798798
Department: Support IDD