[IDD #EED-675155]: LDM Nexrad data stream access

Hi John,

re:
> I'm trying to get access to nexrad data. I'm beginning to set up an LDM
> server to get a downstream.
>
> What downstream dataproduct should I allow?

I think that there may be a misunderstanding of terms here:

In the LDM configuration file ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf

- entries that request data from upstream (feed) sites begin
  with 'request' (or 'REQUEST', case is not important)

- entries that allow sites to request data from you begin with
  'allow' (or 'ALLOW' case is not important)

Question:

- which are you looking to do: be fed or feed someone else

Next question:

- which NEXRAD data are you interested in?

  There are two types of NEXRAD in two different IDD datastreams:

  NEXRAD2 - Nexrad Level II data (full volume scan data)
  NEXRAD3 - Nexrad Level III data products

If your objective is to get fed Nexrad Level III data products by someone,
the LDM configuration file entry that you would use will look like:

request  NEXRAD3 ".*" upstream_feed_host_name

You will, of course, need to replace 'upstream_feed_host_name' with the fully
qualified name of an upstream feed site that you have arranged to feed you.

> John Knoll | Programmer
> Main: 925.283.3771 | Fax: 925.283.0780
> address@hidden
> Tetra Tech | Research & Development
> 3746 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Suite 300  | Lafayette, CA 94549 | www.tetratech.com

re:

> PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include privileged,
> confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this
> communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
> prohibited
> and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
> sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

Given that we are a small group, we need to leverage answers we provide to
one user to the community as a whole.  We do this by turning our replies to
questions into web robot-searchable content.  If the footer on your email is
to be interpreted strictly, we are not allowed to treat our answers to you in
the same way that we treat answers to the uses we are primarily funded
to support, the U.S. university community.  In this case, we will be forced
to respond to your on an as time permits basis only.  I hope that you understand
our situation...

Ticket ID: EED-675155
Department: Support IDD