[IDD #ICA-648762]: COAMPS and NOGAPS data

Hi Brice,

re:
> We have DNS out, so we can look up URL's.  However, the only thing on our
> network that is visible on the Internet is our firewall.  And it's not a
> 'registered' address.  If you do a reverse DNS on it you will get a generic
> 'host.jsc.nasa.gov'.  We are part of a 'boundary' Class-C which is used for
> interfaces and somewhat for 'stealthing' (I get a lot of doorknocking as it
> is).

OK.  I thought that you might have something like this in place.

> I don't know of a way to get a domain name for it at this point.  So is
> there another location that would be able/willing to provide the data on just
> an IP basis?

We can add an appropriate ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf ALLOW for your machine on the
toplevel IDD relay nodes that we maintain.  This will probably be sufficient
for the feed you are after.

Please send us the IP address of your machine so we can set this up.

Follow-up questions:

- will you be willing to report real time stats back to us (via the
  'exec   "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu" entry in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf)?

- are you willing to allow one (or more) machines here at Unidata
  in your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file so that we would be able to use
  LDM utilities like 'ldmping' and 'notifyme' if/when you need
  help in troubleshooting LDM problems?

  This would require that your firewall allow inbound port 388 traffic
  from our machine(s).

> P.S.  If you're going to be at the MUG this year, please make sure to meet
> Jeremy Gibson.  He's been programming with us for a while and I'm sending him
> in place of me because he has more Java and can look into McIDAS-V better.
> Real sharp and a nice guy, so I'd like him to get to know more of the folks
> we work with... particularly the good ones ;-)

I will be going to the MUG meeting in June.  I will make sure to meet up
with Jeremy while there.

Ticket ID: ICA-648762
Department: Support IDD