[LDM #YID-910454]: ldmd.conf, pqact.conf

Hi Kang,

re:
> I just want the radiosonde data of the OUN.
> I don't know how to edit the ldmd.conf file and
> pqact.conf file to get it. Please help me to get it.

Setting up the LDM to request a single product is possible, but
probably not the best way of approaching what you want.

What I recommend is doing following as the user running your LDM;
we assume below that this is the user 'ldm':

1) make sure your LDM is configured to receive the full IDS|DDPLUS
   feed from some upstream site.  Here is an example entry for your
   ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file:

request  IDS|DDPLUS ".*" ustream_feed_host

   You must replace 'upstream_feed_host' with the fully qualified
   name of an upstream site that is running the LDM and has allowed
   your machine to access the IDS|DDPLUS feed.  It may be the
   case that your site is already allowed to request data from the
   OU Atmopheric Science Department's LDM machine(s).  If this
   is true, then upstream machine's name will be:

   stokes.metr.ou.edu

   You should contact this group to see if you have been allowed
   to request data.

2) add the following entry to your ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf file:

IDS|DDPLUS  (USUF44) (....) (..)(....)
     FILE   -close
     data/upperair/\1/\1_(\3:yyyy)(\3:mm)\3_\4.raob

Please note carefully:

1) adding the action above to one's ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf file will
   result in the creation of output files if:

   - your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file has an entry that looks like:

     exec   "pqact"

   - the ~ldm/data directory is writable by the user 'ldm'

2) certain white space in LDM pattern-action file actions MUST be
   tabs, not spaces.  In the example included above, the following
   are tabs:

   - between IDS|DDPLUS and (USUF44)
   - before FILE
   - between FILE and -close
   - before data/upperair/...

3) anytime you modify an LDM pattern-action file, you should run
   'ldmadmin pqactcheck' to verify that the modifications made
   do not have gross syntax errors.  If 'ldmadmin pqactcheck'
   reports a syntax error, you need to re-edit ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf
   and correct the error(s).  The most common error that users
   make is using spaces for whitespace when tabs are required.

4) after 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' runs without reporting errors, you
   can make your editing change(s) take effect by running:

   ldmadmin pqactHUP

5) this action will continue to create datafiles as new data is
   received.  It is your job to make sure that the files are
   appropriately scoured off of disk.  If they are not, you will
   eventually run out of disk space.

Ticket ID: YID-910454
Department: Support IDD