[IDD #NDI-257345]: "ALLOW" behaviour

Hi Art,

[Sorry for taking so long to respond.  I'm working from home and had an unusual
amount of trouble accessing my office computer.]

[This thread is fairly long, so I'm going through it from the beginning and
responding as appropriate.  Expect multiple responses.]

> > is some.univ.edu going to get a feed of FSL2 data (assuming of course the
> > feed is available)?
>
> No.  The first ALLOW will be the one used for some.univ.edu.

It's a little more complicated than that.  The controlling entry will be the
first one that 1) matches the hostname or IP address of the incoming request;
and 2) has a feedtype with at least one bit in common with the request.  In
other words, it's the first entry where both the host and feedtype match.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: NDI-257345
Department: Support IDD