[IDD #ADS-412407]: LDM feed question (idd.cise-nsf.gov)

Hi Evan,

re:
> We are currently running LDM on our server and receiving data from
> Millersville via (twister.esci.millersville.edu).

Yes, we had discussions with Dave Fitzgerald about your original
feed request.

> After searching through the IDD Site Contact List
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/sitelist.html) I came across your
> name as the contact for the (idd.cise-nsf.gov) LDM feed.  Is this feed
> available to the general public or restricted to colleges/universities?

The toplevel IDD relay nodes that we operate (e.g., idd.cise-nsf.gov and
idd.unidata.ucar.edu) are typically for use by the university community.
We make exceptions on a case-by-case basis when there is a measurable
benefit to the Unidata community.  So, the question to you is what, if
any, benefit could you provide to the Unidata community that would justify
our support?

> We'e interested in having a SECONDARY feed as a fallback in case anything
> ever happened to Millersvilles feed.

I understand.  Perhaps there is another university that would be willing
to feed you.  The two closest universities to you would be Rutgers and
Penn State.  I do not think that Penn State will be a viable option as
they have noted on more than one occasion that they did not want to feed
private entities.

Ticket ID: ADS-412407
Department: Support IDD