[IDDAntarctic #HUX-629476]: FW: CHS-LDM Rebuild

Hi Cork,

re:
> Yes, I couldn't find the email address at first for Unidata... Thanks for the
> replies!

No worries.

re:
> I installed GCC and the other packages using yum, here is the output you
> requested:
>
> echo $PATH = /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
> gcc --version = 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44)

Hmm... installing with yum should result in a useful installation.
The unable to write output message in the configure.log file you sent
yesterday leads me to ponder if the directory in which you were trying
to build is writable by the user running configure.  This is presumably
'ldm'.

re:
> Yacc however could not install. It says "No Package Available" when
> I enter "yum install yacc" or "yum install byacc". However when I
> type "locate yacc" it comes up with the following:
>
> /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/sepolgen/yacc.py
> /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/sepolgen/yacc.pyc
> /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/sepolgen/yacc.pyo
> /usr/share/a2ps/sheets/yacc.ssh
> /usr/share/doc/gawk-3.1.5/README_d/README.yacc
> /usr/share/main/manlp/yacc.lp.gz
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/indent/yacc.vim
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/ayacc.vim
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/yacc.vim
>
> So perhaps the path for yacc is not set up correctly? But I am not
> sure how to do that. Just a thought.

yacc is installed in the /usr/bin directory on our Fedora Linux
machines.  I used 'rpm' to determine which package it came from
as follows:

% rpm -qf /usr/bin/yacc
byacc-1.9.20070509-4.fc10.x86_64

I just logged onto a RedHat Enterprise 5 machine that is operated
by one of our sites, and ran the same 'rpm' command:

% cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)

% rpm -qf /usr/bin/yacc
byacc-1.9-29.2.2

I am, therefore, very surprised that the attempt to install byacc
as follow fails on your machine:

<as 'root'>
yum install byacc

You can always grab the RPM from:

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=byacc

and install using RPM:

<as 'root'>
rpm -i <path_to_byacc_rpm>

> Also attached are the current config.log and configure.log. Thanks!

The current configure.log file indicates that the C compiler now works
but you are missing yacc.

By the way, after you get yacc installed, you should do a fresh build:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.8.0/src
make distclean
./configure ...