[Staging #EML-186079]: Re: LDM Feed of COSMIC Data

> Thanks Jeff, I'll give this a try.
>
> Maybe I'm the one who misinterpreted - I just "assumed" that I was to
> get this data from IDD, but now I wonder why COSMIC would have wanted
> my downstream info...
>
> Nevertheless, as my LDM capabilities evolve, I anticipate requesting
> other feeds from IDD (e.g. CONDUIT), so this is a good start.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don

Hi Don,

It is always wise to conserve bandwidth.

From our IDD stats page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

...then by site

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?dixon.iarc.uaf.edu

You can see that the LDM is being widely used by UAF, I suspect your facilities
are close :)

We suggest one feed into the campus or institute, and then fan out internally
from that machine if it has the feeds you desire saving inbound and outbound
traffic.

Ken Dean
Rorik Peterson
ken.dean|a_t-s_i_g_n|gi.alaska.edu
ffrap1|a_t-s_i_g_n|aurora.uaf.edu

..are the contacts we currently have for that machine, but I fear they may be
out of date.

Rorik was the main contact, if that fails Ken should be able to steer you to
who admins that machine. Let us know if you cannot locate the admin of "dixon"
and we can see if we can take stronger actions by searching our archives of
support, etc...

I was up at the UAF/GI in 2000 for a VAAC conference and that was our first
install of the LDM, it's use continues to grow, let us know how/if we can help
further.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber