[IDD #CIV-170475]: LDM Inquery

Hi Weidong,

re:
> My name is Weidong Xu, I am a research associate in Kings College London. I am
> doing a project on fire detection using GOES Data, I am very interesting in
> LDM
> to get real time data from IDD and I can share our fire detection result.

This sounds very good!

> I had download LDM and setup it up on my computer, I think I need to get an
> upstream data-feeds from IDD,

That is correct, you need an upstream data feed site.

> my detail is as following:
> Name of my site: Kings College London
> LDM administrator: name: Weidong Xu, phone: 00442078482916,
> email:address@hidden

Thanks for the information.

> Since my computer host name is not recognizable outside my college, I give
> the IP address of my computer instead: 137.73.24.45

I just tried to 'ping' and 'ldmping' this machine, but I got no response from
either.

> The feedtype, since I am interesting in GOES satellite image, so I think it
> is UNIWISC or FT5.

We will add the appropriate allow for your machine as soon as it is
accessible on the net.  Please setup your machine so that:

- the LDM is built, fully installed, configured (see next item) and
  running

- you have configured it to ALLOW LDMs in the unidata.ucar.edu domain
  to contact it (this is a standard configuration ALLOW line in
  ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf; all I am saying is to _not_ comment out the
  line)

- have setup the machine's/your department's firewall to allow contact
  by an LDM in the unidata.ucar.edu domain (i.e., that port 388 is open
  for LDM requests from unidata.ucar.edu machines)

The only reason we want LDMs in our domain to be able to contact
your LDM is to help us troubleshoot problems if they occur.

> Looking forward to hear from you,

We look forward to working with you/Kings College!

Ticket ID: CIV-170475
Department: Support IDD