[IDD #MRO-975497]: I'm ready to go with the LDM!

> IDD/LDM gang,
>
> The USGS and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI)  here in
> Woods Hole, MA would like to try out the LDM to get NCEP met data to
> drive several local ocean forecasting models, both of which are joint
> projects between the USGS and WHOI.
>
> I've installed the latest LDM on blackburn.whoi.edu.
>
> So here is the info:
>
> Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (educational partner with
> Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
> and
> US Geological Survey Woods Hole Coastal and Marine Science Center
>
> LDM Administrator: Richard P. Signell
> Phone: 508-457-2229
> Email:  address@hidden
> Fully-qualified hostname:  blackburn.whoi.edu   (128.128.181.42)
>
> Desired feedtypes: CONDUIT
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
> --
> Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229
> USGS, 384 Woods Hole Rd.
> Woods Hole, MA 02543-1598

Hi Rich,

Sounds like a good plan :)

We would like for you to feed from Penn State's machine:

ldm.meteo.psu.edu

..if Art Person (PSU, and cc'd on this e-mail) will place an "allow" for your
machine:

blackburn.whoi.edu

Art, can we do this?

If not, we will find you another site to feed from, and you can add:

idd.cise-nsf.gov

..as a "failover" secondary site.

I am not sure if you are planning on bringing in the entire CONDUIT feed, but
if you are, we find it more efficient to split the feed into multiple requests
like:

request CONDUIT "([09]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request CONDUIT "([18]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request CONDUIT "([27]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request CONDUIT "([36]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request CONDUIT "([45]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

...idd.unidata.ucar.edu, would be replaced with:

ldm.meteo.psu.edu

Please let us know if you need any help configuring your LDM and we look
forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks for the meeting. We can tune your
LDM while you are here as well if things get sticky (not anticipated) :)

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support