[IDD #JQW-816102]: LDM for AMS

Hi Brad,

re: LDM/IDD feed for AMS meeting in Atlanta
> Well hopefully it all works on our end ... if all goes well (fingers crossed)
> should be able to test the feed NLT Sunday night...I can send an email about 1
> hour before testing, so no rush on getting things setup on your end.

If the information you were given about the IP addresses you will have are
good, and if there are no firewall problems at the conference, this should
be pretty simply, at least on our side.

re:
> As per the sign, that sounds good to me.  We are using your service and want
> give credit where it is due.  It also shows the FOSS component of AWIPS2 and
> hopefully if it all works out (fingers crossed again) show that AWIPS2 is
> adaptable and extensible.

Excellent!

re:
> You guys going to provide a sign in hard or soft copy?  I can print them out
> and
> post them to cardboard-like paper to display, or if you have pre-made signs
> you
> can mail to hotel, or if you have reps at AMS I can pick it up from them.  I
> doubt they will let me hang anything massive so let me know the options and I
> will run by corporate what size they'd be comfortable with.

We did not have anything massive in mind.  My initial thought was to have an
8"x11" sign in a plastic display made up that you could put on a table next
to the AWIPS2 display machine.  If there will be more than one machine, we
can think about having more than one sign, or making a larger one.  Exactly
how large is not known to me yet, but it would definitely not be massive, and
it will be tasteful.  I need to get together with the appropriate people in
the office today to get this made.  One of our staff who is attending the
workshop can hand carry it to Atlanta, and drop it off at your booth.

More to come...

Ticket ID: JQW-816102
Department: Support IDD