[IDD #TNF-892711]: idd.cise-nsf.gov connectivity marginal

Hi Art,

re:  We think that it would be appropriate for you to send a
note to address@hidden and/or address@hidden
announcing your becoming the toplevel redistributor for CONDUIT
in the Eastern U.S.

re:
> Should I say anything about switching over to new feed point, or will you
> guys handle that?

I was thinking of something along the lines of:

In coordination with Unidata, Penn State is assuming top level relay duties
for the CONDUIT datastream for the Eastern U.S. Sites previously feeding from
the Unidata-maintained top level relay, idd.cise-nsf.gov, can switch their
CONDUIT requests to blah.blah.psu.edu whenever they are ready.

The only thing that needs to be worked into this skeleton is some notion
of the sites that you will automatically feed.  So, I guess the question
is if your are going to implement blanket allows for certain domains,
or if you want to handle the allows one-by-one.  Just so you know, we
have the following allows (among others) on the top level relays that
we maintain:

allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.edu$                  # All US .edus
allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.gov$                  # All US .govs
allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.mil$                  # for mil sites
allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.int$                  # for ECMWF, EUMETSAT
allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.balloonfacility\.org$ # NMSU/CSBF (was NSBF)
allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.iges\.org$            # COLA
allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.mos\.org$             # Museum of Science,
Boston
allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-WSI-PCWS  \.renci\.org$           # Renaissance Computing
Institute (NC State)

re:
> Will you contact sites individually about doing this or
> send out a blanket email?  Just want to know what kind of details to put
> in our little blurb since people might be wondering what they should do.

Mike and I talked this over, and we want the announcement to highlight
your/PSU's efforts.  We would be happy to help you craft the announcement
if you like.  We didn't send any suggestions before because we didn't
want to sound/be overbearing :-)

Ticket ID: TNF-892711
Department: Support IDD