[IDD #MXE-616655]: LDM not available on castor.rcac.purdue.edu

Hi Pat,

re: Level II feed from Purdue
> Everything is back.

Very good.

re:
> For the sake of redundancy, please set your service to pull from both
> castor.rcac.purdue.edu and pollux.rcac.purdue.edu, and ldm will
> automatically switch over if there are any problems.

The "accumulator" front ends to our top level IDD relay cluster,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu, request redundantly from multiple sites for
all datastreams.  We have one accumulator requesting from pollux,
and the other requesting from castor.  They also request the Level
II data from the MAX and IRaDS (one from the MAX, the other from IRaDS).
It was because of this multiple, redundant requests that we didn't
notice the problem with castor that we reported earlier today: we simply
didn't know there was a problem because we continued to receive all of
the data.  We only noticed that castor was not available when we looked
at our LDM  log files.

Thanks for the quick action!

Ticket ID: MXE-616655
Department: Support IDD